Educational websites shouldn’t be created equal to business and corporate online projects. When it comes to the development of a new education website design, one needs to make it look appealing yet informative. A professional and thought-out online resource is the most powerful online marketing tool. With its help, you can engage with your audience, communicate with the online visitors, and encourage them to enroll on a new course. Interactive websites for education purpose have more chances of being noticed. Do you want to create one? Then take a few more minutes to read this guide.
5 Major Mistakes of Poor Education Website Design
Before we move to the how-to part, let’s learn from the mistakes of others. There are several common mistakes that one can come across on different educational websites. Look through the following list, learn from mistakes of others, and never do the same on your own web page.
- Web pages stuffed with too much text. The catching visual presentation is the fundamental factor that plays the major role when a person reaches your web page. Educational and online learning facilities load their web pages with too much text and forget to use visuals to look more attractive to the web community. A picture that can speak a thousand words is the must-have element of any educational web resource.
- Boring web design. If your biggest intent is to interact with youngsters and engage them from the first time they land on your web page, then you site simply cannot look boring. If you do not want your site to look like purely fun content, include a few interactive elements that will capture the user’s attention. This can be light animation effects, videos, polls, etc. This will help you maintain your professionalism yet present your data in a captivating style.
- Outdated information. As soon as your website is up and running, make sure that it includes up-to-date information. If there is a schedule of courses that you offer, pricing details or another kind of information that’s of the greatest interest to your audience, make sure that it updated and relevant.
- A web page that isn’t intuitive to navigate. The speed at which a web user comes up with the necessary pieces of content plays a significant role in terms of customer engagement. Whenever your site visitor becomes frustrated with the lack of intuitiveness on your site, chances are he will leave to never come back.
- A website loaded with irrelevant information doesn’t bring any value to the web users. This may seem to be impactful visually. However, when a person decides to get a closer look at the data that you’ve provided, then they may be disappointed with the data they consumed.
Tips on How to Build Interactive Websites for Education
Whether you decide to build your educational website on your own or order the respective services from a web design agency, make sure that your site’s creation moves in the right direction. Creating interactive websites for education purposes is easier than it seems. Simply make the right choice of the layout components and make sure that your web resource meets your customers’ needs.
Effective education websites aren’t built all by themselves. You need to apply certain efforts in order to make e-learning education websites appeal to your audience. Have a look at the following tips on how to build interactive websites for education. Whether those are educational websites for high school students or pre-school kids centers that you’d like to create, the following checklist will just come in handy to you.
- Before you get started with the development of your educational website, check out the competition carefully. This will give you an insight into the preferences of the target audiences, as well as give you some sort of inspiration on what functionality your future web project should include.
- Plan it out carefully. The tip is applied to your site URL address, the links of extra pages, the structure of your site’s layout, etc. A well-thought-out plan of your educational website creation prevents any sort of issues that can occur when your site goes live.
- Keep your site’s loading speeds lightning fast. A web page that takes too long to load will be abandoned by the web users who value every second spent online. A web page that is quick to load ranks higher in the search engines, it delivers better user experience, providing your web audience with exactly what they are looking for.
- Make your web page look visually appealing. A site that delivers a stunning presentation of the content has more chances to be noticed by the web surfers. The creative presentation of your site’s content spiced up with the appealing layout structure grow the chances that people will spend more time on your web page and familiarize themselves with your content much better.
- Keep your web page both usable and interactive. Include fun and educational videos in your posts. Is there anything that you’d like to ask your audience about? Invite them to participate in polls. Charts and diagrams are always welcome. Do you need to present any kind of complicated data in a comprehensive way? Use diagrams for the purpose. All this taken together will help you create truly interactive websites for education purposes.
- Encourage the users’ feedback on your site. This can be done through built-in forms, digital counters that track the users’ hits to certain pages or simply ask for feedback.
- Promote your project. Share quick links to your site on social media platforms. Also, you can opt for the targeted advertising campaigns. The keywords research will help you choose the optimal keywords and phrases that people use while looking for the specific pieces of content online.
10 Education Website Designs for Interactive Websites for Education
Take a look at the following handpicked collection of responsive website templates for education. All of them are 100% responsive web solutions, so there is no need to run additional test on multiple screen sizes. The themes are ready to be modified without any special design and programming skill owing to the drag-and-drop page builder. All of them are loaded with extra tools and features that are suited t be used for e-learning education websites. The best thing about them is the availability of the 14-day free trial version. So, go ahead and pick the theme that comes to your liking and try it in action.